QBIC meets and exceeds the mathematical and science requirements to earn a BSc in Biological Sciences from FIU. We recruit highly qualified freshmen, and expose them to a challenging and innovative curriculum designed by FIU faculty.
- are more likely to excel in biological science professional and graduate programs
- receive a personalized, unique undergraduate education while still benefitting from the resources and low cost of a large public university
- enroll in integrated, small classes rather than auditorium-style lectures
- are eligible for consideration for a QBIC scholarship
- have QBIC-paid tutors available to them
- have an assigned, QBIC-only student space/study room
- are aided and encouraged in pursuing scientific research experience, especially paid positions
Please see Programs & Curriculum for more information on QBIC classes.
Acceptance into FIU
SAT/ACT mathematics score of 600/24 or above
SAT/ACT cumulative score of 1750/24 or above
Unweighted high school GPA of 3.000 or above
Successful completion of pre-calculus by high school graduation
Submission of the online QBIC application, two letters of recommendation from teachers or academic advisors, and a personal statement
QBIC Program Biological Sciences Department
Florida International University
11200 SW 8th Street AHC4-425
Miami FL 33199
FIU tours are available via FIU Undergraduate Admissions.
The QBIC program holds several open houses in the spring of each year, usually on days that high school students do not have classes. Please contact the QBIC office for information on these open houses.
QBIC Scholars are expected to meet higher standards of conduct and academic achievement to remain in good standing.
Freshmen and those with extenuating circumstances may be granted extensions at the discretion of the QBIC Program Director QBIC Policies.